In discussing the upcoming budget with Dr. Florio, I assume the following accounts will represent the majority of the budget increase over 2010-2011. Yes, I fully expect the budget request to be significantly greater for 2010-2011 for the following reasons:
- Contracted Salary Increases (est 4.6%)
- 10-13% (est) Increase in Medical Benefits Costs
- Funding/Catch Up Contribution to Retirement Plan
- Special Education Cost Uncertainty
- Transportation Cost Increases (due in large part to the special ed account)
- Potential loss of $1.2M in federal stimulus money
I will be posting 2011-2012 budget information, some of which, may be scattered among several or more topics. In attempt to try and organize this information, I've added a 2011-2012 Budget Library link to the home page. The idea is to try and index 2011-2012 budget content.