Tuesday, April 26, 2011

R.I.P Anne Giddings

The Cheshire Patch reports that Anne Giddings has passed away yesterday at St. Mary's hospital. Full article can be read here.

I'm deeply saddened by her passing and I believe we lost one of the most unselfish human beings I've ever met. She was one of my main influences for running for the board of education. She somehow figured out how to get me out of bed at the crack of dawn on those chilly fall morning to stand and wave to traffic with her on Route 10. She was a human being I naturally wanted to be around. She was and remains an inspiration for me and my family. She genuinely wanted to help the constituents of Cheshire. Her passion, positive attitude and enthusiasm never went unnoticed.

Anne is a thoughtful person. I recall several occasions whereby I'd come home and find various notes, articles or other information left for me by Anne in which she thought would be helpful. I could never get her to ring the doorbell and stay for coffee as she was always on the go. She went out of her way for me on several occassions and my only regret is that I was never able to return the favor.

Anne, you will be missed dearly but you will always be in our hearts and our thoughts.

My condolences to her family, friends and loved ones.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such sad news. She was a great addition to the town council. You could tell she put her whole heart into it. She will be missed.

sz

Tim White said...

I agree, but she was a great person beyond the Council. She led thru action, not just words. She (and Bob) are truly conservative... growing most of what they eat, composting waste and using to grow more veggies... turning down the heat in winter to conserve on energy consumption... a true conservative who would lead by example. To me, being a conservative doesn't end when you leave a meeting. Being conservative means conserving in many ways.

And she inspired me too with her seemingly neverending energy and enthusiasm for life.

Tim White said...

Eternal peace grant unto her, O Lord, and let Your perpetual light shine upon her.

Cedar Lane said...

This is a terrible tragedy, a terrible loss to Anne's family and friends and the whole town.

The highest tribute we can pay to Anne, I'm sure she'd agree, is to live life and to serve others to the fullest.

God bless Anne and her loved ones.