- Branches less than five inches in diameter will be chipped and the chips will be removed.
- Branches and logs over five inches in diameter will be cut into approximately 18 inch logs and left at curbside for firewood for use by residents.
- Town staff will not go onto private property to retrieve or cut branches.
- Public Works crews will make only one pass through town, and will not return for debris that were not place curbside prior to their collection.
- This program is expected to take at least ten days. Residents can also dispose of this storm-related brush and tree material at the designated drop off areas at Mixville Park parking lot on Notch Road and the Quinnipiac Park parking lot on Cheshire Street at any time until September 14, 2011.
- This program is restricted to storm-related woody debris only.
- The Town will not accept loose leaves, yard clippings or trimmings, or any other lumber, garbage, non-woody storm debris or bulky items for collection or drop off.
Monday, September 5, 2011
Town Assisting with Irene Cleanup 9/6
Thanks to RTC Chairman Adam Grippo for sending out this reminder. The Town of Cheshire will be assisting residents with removal of branches downed on their properties by Hurricane Irene. Residents are asked to leave the branches curbside, without obstructing the roadway, by the morning of September 6, 2011.
Posted by Tony Perugini at 11:06 AM