Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Welcome to my BLOG

Welcome to my BLOG. Tim White has been my inspiration for starting this BLOG related to the Cheshire School District and BOE related topics. It's my goal to utilize this BLOG as a communication vehicle to keep you informed about school district topics and continue delivering on my promise of transparency as a BOE member.

My goal is to publish what I know and learn as a BOE member and to educate the good people of Cheshire about the various opportunities, topics and issues affecting our school district. I've always felt that not enough meaningful information is being published about BOE business. I feel that this blog may be a good vehicle of delivering information so that you can make an informed decision.

Unlike anonymous blogs, I put my name and integrity into this BLOG. I do support anonymous comments, however, any comment that is derogatory in nature and/or violates Blogspot's terms of use will be removed. Let's keep is civil.

I will post/upload various topics and information as I can so please be patient. Additionally, if you'd like to see certain topics/ideas discussed/covered, please shoot me an email to tony.perugini@gmail.com.


Thanks,
Tony Perugini

7 comments:

Tim White said...

Tony... welcome to the publishing side! I suggest you look at various blog stat trackers. They can provide a bunch of information that you may find useful or interesting... I always get a kick out of it when I see the US House or US Senate checking out TWL... and the Treasury Dept and FBI have always been interesting too to see what they're reading...

Anonymous said...

Tony
Thanks for picking up where Tim left off.
We need a voice for us as well as a person who will fill us in on what is actually going on in this town.
I hope you have thick skin though. It won't be long before the haters and the wannabes appear here and begin the bashing the way they did with Tim.

Anonymous said...

Tony... Good luck!

Gil Linder

Tony Perugini said...

"I hope you have thick skin though. It won't be long before the haters and the wannabes appear here and begin the bashing the way they did with Tim."

The personal attacks don't bother me. It's cowardice, at best. But I don't condone personal attacks, threats, etc. in general. We're going to disagree but let's keep it professional.

Thanks.

Tim White said...

But I don't condone personal attacks, threats, etc. in general. We're going to disagree but let's keep it professional.

Easier said than done. For example...

When asked his thoughts on his political opponent Clement Atlee, Winston Churchill replied "ahh yes. A modest man with very much to be modest about."

Is that a personal attack? I think it's hilarious and completely fair game for a blog comment. And what about a comment that is 95% thoughtful, perceptive and helpful to a particular discussion... but includes an entirely unnecessary personal attack on someone?

And just wait until the blog starts getting bombarded with comments... it becomes time-consuming just trying to keep up.

Having thrown out a bunch of negatives... as you could guess, I love the fact that you're doing it. And on balance, I think people will appreciate your efforts. I know I appreciate you trying to keep the discussion going. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new blog! I'm glad to see you're continuing where Tim left off.

Sue Z.

Breachway said...

Looking forward to your blog Tony, good luck